One of the positive aspects about writing a recipe-blog has been, for me, the motivation to prepare more fresh foods.
This has also been the case for fresh and crisp salads, such as this one:
Quick-C-Salad. Another winter salad that boosts your immune system with plenty of Vitamin C 😉
You will need:
– 1/2 to 1 head of lettuce, e.g. batavia or endive
– 1 to 2 oranges or fair sized tangerines
– 1 to 2 tbsp of whole almonds (preferably soaked prior for at least 6 hours)
– 1 to 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds (preferably soaked prior for at least 6 hours)
– Optional: Fresh herbs / any other veggie addition that you are longing for
– Your favourite dressing, e.g. a mixture of olive, hemp, or flax oil along with a tsp. of tahini, apple cider vinegar and/or mustard
(if you like it extra sweet (as the citrus will already make for a sweet note), add some honey or agave)
– Optional: Salt and pepper
So here we go!
After washing the lettuce, cutting it into bite-sized stripes, and putting it into a salad bowl, cut the skin off the orange(s). When using tangerines, simply peel.
Once the skin is off, you may use your thumb to run along each inside of the orange peels and let the resulting orange juice drop on your lettuce leaves, as to not waste any of the precious sweet-sour juice trapped in the remaining flesh.
Next, cut the orange or tangerine into bite-sized pieces and drop into salad bowl.
Once you’ve added any optional ingredients, pour your dressing on top and massage the lettuce leaves with the dressing and citrus.
Last but not least, decorate your vibrant Quick-C-Salad with them almonds and pumpkin seeds 😉
Enjoy, fellow readers ♥