This Frozen Fudgy Snack recipe is a variation of Chris Kendall‘s “Figgy Fudge”.
It’s a healthy snack when you are craving something sweet, and can also be served as a fine raw desert.
Serve it with acid fruit such as berries, sub-acid fruit like apples, or with any other fruit that you enjoy.
You will need the following ingredients:
– 15 deglet noor dates (or 7 medjool dates)
– 7 dried, medium-sized figs
– 2 tbsp (30 ml) carob or cacao powder
– a pinch of sea salt
– shredded coconut
– walnut pieces
– wax paper, or alternatively baking paper
If you are using a blender that has difficulties with blending the dry dates and figs, soak these for about an hour prior, with just enough water to cover them. This takes less time if you first cut up the fruit.
– Add about 1/4 cup water if you haven’t already soaked your dried fruit
– Blend dates, figs, salt, and either carob or cacao powder until smooth consistency
– Spread mixture on wax or parchment paper
– Now you can add any of the optional ingredients that you wish.
Such as shredded coconut ……
…… or walnut pieces.
– Top the batch with another sheet of wax or parchment paper and pop in the freezer
– Once frozen, either cut or break into pieces